Privacy and Security Principles
QUANTIL is committed to protecting the personal information that QUANTIL collects in the course of managing its business operations and providing its solutions to business customers and consumers.
Notice and Choice
When QUANTIL collects and processes personal information on its own behalf, it is committed to providing reasonable notice about the types of information collected and how it will use the information. QUANTIL is also committed to providing individuals with reasonable choices about the collection and use of their personal information that QUANTIL collected on its own behalf.
Respect for Context
Whenever QUANTIL collects personal information, it is committed to using that information only for purposes that respect the context in which QUANTIL collected the information.
QUANTIL is committed to providing individuals with reasonable access to the personal information that they provide directly to QUANTIL.
QUANTIL is committed to taking reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that QUANTIL collects on its own behalf is accurate and up to date.
QUANTIL is committed to protecting personal information against loss and unauthorized access and use.
QUANTIL is committed to fulfilling its legal obligations across the globe and its commitments to its business customers and consumers. QUANTIL is committed to implementing reasonable policies and procedures to promote these Principles and all of its commitments regarding the processing of personal information.
Privacy and Security Practices
This policy discloses the privacy practices for www.quantil.com and its associated domains, herein referred to as the Websites. This policy applies solely to information collected by the Websites. QUANTIL will notify you of the following:
- If personally identifiable information is collected from you through the Websites, how it is used, and with whom it may be shared;
- The choices available to you regarding the use of your data;
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information;
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information that you provide
QUANTIL is the sole owner of the information collected on the Websites. QUANTIL can only access and/or collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. QUANTIL will not sell or rent this information to anyone. QUANTIL and its service providers (i.e., companies that perform business operations on QUANTIL’s behalf, such as mailing, ad management, web analytics, data processing, or marketing) may collect information that you provide when you use the Website, including when you contact QUANTIL with a question, comment, or request; enter a search term on the Websites; chat with an QUANTIL online representative; subscribe to an QUANTIL newsletter or publication; or register for an event. The information you provide to QUANTIL may include, but is not limited to, your name, your contact information, your employer, your username and password, your registration code, and other information you choose to provide to us.
Information that QUANTIL automatically collects
QUANTIL and its service providers may automatically collect certain information from your computer or mobile device over time and across different online services when you use the Websites. That information may include the Internet Protocol address associated with your computer or device, the domain name of your Internet Service Provider, the type of device you use to access the Website, the browser you use to access the Websites, the operating system on your computer or device, the content or pages you view on the Sites, the operating system of your computer or device, device identifiers associated with your mobile device, the duration of time that you use the Websites, and the content you view immediately before and after you access the Websites. QUANTIL may also use technologies that let us know whether you viewed QUANTIL emails or other electronic communications, how you interacted with them, and whether the advertisements we place on the Websites are effective. QUANTIL and its service providers may collect this information whenever you use the Websites or interact with our electronic communications. We may collect the information using “cookies,” web beacons, or similar technologies.
Subject to applicable laws, QUANTIL may collect information about you from publicly or commercially available sources and combine that with the information that we collect when you use the Websites. That information may include your name, contact information, interests, and demographics. QUANTIL may use the combined information as disclosed in this Privacy and Security Policy, including to contact you with offers that we feel may be of interest to you. If you do not wish us to supplement the information we collect about you when you use the Websites with information from publicly or commercially available sources, please contact via one of the channels listed in the “Contact Us” section.
How does QUANTIL use the information?
QUANTIL may use the information to:
- provide you with the content, information, products, and services that you request;
- help you complete transactions and orders;
- register you for events;
- improve the Websites and your experience when visiting the Websites;
- contact you for support or to provide you with information about QUANTIL solutions;
- personalize the content you see on the Websites;
- deliver marketing communications, special offers, or advertisements that may be of interest to you, including the delivery of targeted advertisements that are based on your online activity on the Websites and other third-party websites;
- analyze the effectiveness of advertising on the Websites and other online services;
- better understand QUANTIL customers, the people who visit the Websites, and how people interact with the Websites;
- troubleshoot the Websites;
- develop new products, services, and solutions;
- detect and prevent potential fraud and security risks; and
- support QUANTIL’s business operations.
How does QUANTIL share the information?
QUANTIL will not sell, rent, or lease information collected via the Websites that can reasonably identify you except as described in this Privacy and Security Policy. QUANTIL may share the information:
- with service providers, contractors, and other businesses as reasonable to complete transactions and support QUANTIL’s business operations (e.g., with mailing vendors that send you information about QUANTIL events and that we require to act on our behalf and according to your communication preferences);
- with business partners that may deliver marketing communications, promotional materials, or advertisements that may be of interest to you;
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, court order, other legal process, or government reporting obligations;
- when QUANTIL believes the disclosure to be reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property, or interests of QUANTIL, you, or others;
- to detect, prevent, or respond to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violations of law, or misuse of the Websites; and
- with affiliates, service providers, or other third parties as reasonable to proceed with the negotiation or completion of a merger, acquisition, sale, or other transfer of all or a portion of QUANTIL assets (we will do so only if the recipients agree to comply with this Privacy and Security Policy or have in place substantially similar privacy policies regarding the treatment of information that reasonably identifies you and only under a non-disclosure agreement).
QUANTIL may share aggregated or deidentified information with any third party.
In all cases, QUANTIL will seek reasonably appropriate protections for your information when disclosing it with third parties.
Third-Party Content and Collection
The Websites may contain links to content or integrated content (like embedded videos) provided by third parties. For example, services such as YouTube may provide video content on the Websites, and services, such as Survey Monkey, may provide surveys about our services and solutions linked to/from the Websites. The information practices of those third parties may differ from QUANTIL. You should consult the privacy policies of any third party that provides content that you access through the Websites as QUANTIL does not have control over the information that they collect, use, or share. Because your web browser may obtain integrated content directly from third-party servers, the third parties may be able to collect information as if you had visited their sites directly. These third parties may use the information they collect to track your online activities over time and across various websites.
Where does QUANTIL process information?
QUANTIL processes information collected via the Websites primarily in the United States, and the processing is inter alia subject to the laws of the United States. The United States may not offer the same protections for your information as those provided in your country of residence. In addition, we may transfer your information outside the United States to QUANTIL affiliates, business partners, and service providers located in other countries. Information stored in the United States or other countries may be accessible to law enforcement and national security authorities in those jurisdictions. Wherever the information is stored, we take reasonable steps to protect information in accordance with this Privacy and Security Policy. By using the Websites, you consent to QUANTIL processing information in and transferring information to the United States and other countries.
QUANTIL strives to maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to safeguard the information collected from the Websites against loss, and unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. However, no information system can be 100% secure. QUANTIL cannot, therefore, guarantee the absolute security of your information. QUANTIL is not responsible for the security of information you transmit to the Websites over networks that QUANTIL does not control, including the Internet and wireless networks.
QUANTIL takes all precautions necessary to protect your sensitive information. When you submit sensitive information via the Websites, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page. While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Our Privacy and Security Policy may change from time to time. All updates will be posted on this page. If you feel that we are not abiding by this policy, you should contact us immediately via telephone at +1 888-847-9851 or via email.
Last update: May 10th, 2016